Program Goals and Outcomes
一道本不卡免费高清Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work.
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpage.
一道本不卡免费高清Content Knowledge of Discipline: Describe general history of Religious Studies, including major thinkers, theories, and methodologies
一道本不卡免费高清Explain how key historical figures, events, ideas and theories influenced religion, ethics, Christian thought and scripture
Demonstrate awareness of the diverse cultures and religions
Understand symbolic elements in religious writings, rituals
Communication Skills: Effectively communicate orally and in writing
一道本不卡免费高清Successfully write a Religious Studies Research Paper
Utilize theological vocabulary effectively
一道本不卡免费高清Effectively present research results orally
一道本不卡免费高清Methods and Basic Research Skills: Demonstrate ability to interpret and analyze arguments
一道本不卡免费高清Determine credibility and reliability of sources
一道本不卡免费高清Distinguish variety of methodologies used in religions, Christian thought, scripture and ethics
Critical Thinking Skills: Demonstrate ability to think critically
一道本不卡免费高清Formulate and defend reasoned position on ethical issues
一道本不卡免费高清Professional Values/Formation: Describe the roles of religion in society and determine career paths
一道本不卡免费高清Discern and prepare for professional career opportunity
一道本不卡免费高清Value Religious Studies as a Profession