Programs Goals and Outcomes
Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work.
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpage.
Write a research paper displaying an awareness of rhetorical techniques and styles, and addressed to a particular audience.
Writing analytical and critical essays.
一道本不卡免费高清Interpret and evaluate literary texts critically, analytically, and appreciatively.
一道本不卡免费高清Demonstrate a broad, general grasp of English and American literary history, as well as an appreciative knowledge of literature from a variety of cultures.
一道本不卡免费高清Investigate, evaluate, synthesize, and document relevant sources of information.
一道本不卡免费高清Exit Exam Reading List: To assess how well our department is achieving the above goal related to content knowledge, graduating English majors take an Exit Exam near the end of their time at Mount Saint Mary’s University. They may begin preparing for the exam at any point.
Download the complete reading list.