Child Development and Teacher Preparation offered through the Education Department.
Students choose a profession for a wide variety of reasons, but those who choose to work with children and their families often cite similar key motivations: they want to help young people reach their potential, give back to their communities, and make the world a better place.
The majors and programs at Mount Saint Mary’s University will prepare you for your profession in education or in the field of child and family services.
You’ll be prepared through a progressive model of teaching and learning where you’ll get real-world time in actual classrooms with master teachers or in internships with children. You’ll be encouraged to reflect on the methods and strategies of your profession in a spirit of continual self-improvement. At the Mount, our goal is to create the next generation of educational and child development leaders who hold sacred the social mission they undertake.
一道本不卡免费高清A highlight of our Child Development Major is the Child Development Center on the Doheny Campus. Right from the start, as a spring semester freshman, you will have the opportunity to observe and participate in working with young children.
一道本不卡免费高清Our programs in Education allow you to complete teacher preparation at the same time that you work on your academic degree. Future (K-12) teachers who prepare in California complete a major in the subject areas they wish to teach.
一道本不卡免费高清Early childhood teachers complete an associate in arts degree program with a major in ECE and are eligible for the Child Development Teacher Permit.
For example, if you want to teach:
- Elementary (K-5/6), get a B.A. in Liberal Studies.
- Secondary (middle and senior high school), get a B.A. in the subject to be taught; for example: Math, English, Science, Social Science, Music, Spanish, Art...).
- Preschool, get an Associate in Arts Degree in ECE and/or a B.A. in Child Development.
Click on the area of your interest. We look forward to working with you.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies (for Elementary Teaching)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Child Development (Chalon)
- Undergraduate programs of teacher preparation: Elementary, Secondary, and Early Childhood Education
- Associates of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education (Doheny)
- We also offer graduate programs (Doheny)
一道本不卡免费高清Come fulfill your dreams while gaining an education you won't find anywhere else.
一道本不卡免费高清Carol Johnston, Department Chair