Program Goals and Outcomes
Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work.
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpage.
Apply basic child development theory to situations involving children and families
Understand major theories of development from birth through middle childhood
一道本不卡免费高清Appreciate how context and culture impact development
Be familiar with experiences of parenting across various stages of child development
Be skilled in observing children in naturalistic settings
Use multiple methods of systematic observation
一道本不卡免费高清Through observation, see relationship Between child’s behaviors and environmental factors in group settings
Communicate effectively orally and in writing
Write developmental report in an objective manner
Compose theoretically-based essay
Orally present and defend theoretical ideas
一道本不卡免费高清Communicate effectively with children
Conduct themselves as members of the child development field
Uphold ethical standards of the profession