Goals and Outcomes
General Goals of the Master of Arts in Religious Studies
1. To effectively communicate the prominent theories and methods within the student's area of concentration in oral and written forms.
2. To demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking through systematic analysis and synthesis of content.
3. To engage a diverse society through practical application of knowledge in the program to real-world setting with sensitivity to race, ethnicity, class, gender, and sexuality.
Goals & Outcomes Specific to the Study of Religions Concentration
1. To describe, analyze, and communicate the diversity of religious phenomena stemming from a variety of historical, social, and cultural contexts.
2. To analyze and create interdisciplinary scholarship attentive to the intersections of religion and other dimensions of culture as they relate to sex, gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, nationality, or ability.
一道本不卡免费高清3. To interpret texts and other phenomena that have religious presuppositions or implications in their historical, social, and political contexts.
Call (213) 477-2800 for more information on the all-new Master of Arts in Religious Studies degree programs. Please visit our Graduate Admissions website to learn more about admission.