- Admission Requirements
- Tuition and Scholarships
- Curriculum Sequence
- Contact Us
Admission Requirementsmust meet minimum graduate admission requirements.
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, earned by the expected date of entry
- Completion of 18 semester units with "B" or better in the following courses
Required prerequisite courses:
- General or Introductory Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Methods or Statistics
- Remaining units may be in other areas of social science
Note: Courses may be taken at a variety of institutions
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate work. If your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement—or if you believe that your GPA is not a valid indicator of your ability—you may submit an application, and provide a brief statement (no more than one page) explaining circumstances or limitations that affected your GPA
Application Components & Process
一道本不卡免费高清All PsyD applicants are responsible for submitting the following:in order to be considered for admission.
- Application Essay+-
一道本不卡免费高清PsyD applicants are required to submit a statement describing your professional goals and aspirations in undertaking the profession of Clinical Psychology. This is your opportunity to define your goals, interests and career plans as they relate to your proposed course of study. We are trying to gain a sense of who you are and the distinctive experiences and interests that have motivated you to pursue this degree.
Please submit a statement that includes answers to the following questions. Please limit your statement to four, double-spaced pages. (Applicants must answer all prompts)
Application essay prompt:
1. Tell us about your interest in pursuing a PsyD in Clinical Psychology? Why are you interested in pursuing this degree at Mount Saint Mary's University? Please explain why you decided upon a PsyD vs. PhD? Also, please explain why you decided upon pursuing a doctorate vs. a master's degree? Describe your career goals and how this degree will benefit you.
2. Tell us about your undergraduate/graduate academic experience including a description of both your academic strengths and weaknesses. Address any grade deficiencies or additional length of time to complete your degree and how you will manage any previous struggles in our program. How will you mange attending classes, completing homework, clinical placements, and home responsibilities?
3. Tell us about your personal qualities that will benefit you in being successful in our doctorate program and as a clinical psychologist after graduation. Describe times in your life when you experienced challenges/struggles and how you were able to overcome these obstacles? How were you able to problem solve and manage these difficulties?
4. As a psychologist, you will interact with various populations and work in a variety of different settings. What are your thoughts and feelings about working with individuals who are different than you in a multitude of ways (SES, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender diversity, etc.)?
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation+-
Three (3) letters of recommendation are required.
At least two (2) letters must be from faculty members who worked with you during your schooling and can speak to your ability of successfully completing a doctoral program in psychology. One (1) letter must be from a current or past supervisor familiar with your clinical or professional work.
MSMU uses an electronic recommendation process, which ensures that we receive your recommendations in a timely fashion and it is convenient for your recommenders. Please note that letters of recommendation must be on letterhead and signed by the recommender.
When submitting your electronic PsyD application, you can provide your recommenders name, phone number, and email address. Your recommenders will receive an email from MSMU with instructions to submit their letter electronically. Alternatively, recommenders may email letters of recommendation to GradDocs@alexjamesfairbairn.com.
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae+-
一道本不卡免费高清Please outline your educational and professional background and relevant experiences and activities, including community and volunteer work if applicable.
- Official Transcripts+-
After you submit your application, arrange for all official transcripts from colleges, universities, and post-secondary institutions you have previously attended be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Important:一道本不卡免费高清 Official transcripts are those that have been issued by an institution, and submitted directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions in a sealed envelope or electronically. Copies of transcripts mailed by applicants or hand-delivered will be considered unofficial.
一道本不卡免费高清Official transcripts may be sent to Mount Saint Mary’s University in one of two ways.
Mail transcripts to:
Mount Saint Mary’s University
Office of Graduate Admissions
10 Chester Place, Mailbox 181
一道本不卡免费高清Los Angeles, CA 90007
Please instruct your institution to submit secure electronically-delivered transcript to email@example.com.
*MSMU does not accept electronic transcripts from overseas institutions or vendors.
International Transcript Credential Evaluation
International degrees must be evaluated by a professional agency that is a member of the 一道本不卡免费高清. Evaluations must include a course-by-course analysis indicating the type of degree received, the U.S. equivalency of the degree, the graduation date and a cumulative grade point average.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)+-
一道本不卡免费高清Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results of the General Test covering Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing are required for admission. The GRE Psychology subject examination is not required.
一道本不卡免费高清Only the most current GRE scores are admissible (scores must be within 5 years of your intended start date).
Contact the GRE Board at 1-888-473-7267 or and ask to have your test scores sent to Mount Saint Mary's University, Los Angeles.
The GRE code for Mount Saint Mary’s University is 4464.
- Admission Interview+-
After review of submitted application materials, prospective students who are under consideration will be offered an in-person interview with members of the faculty. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
一道本不卡免费高清Students interested in pursuing the Latinx Mental Health emphasis must demonstrate Spanish-speaking competence.
Please note: the PsyD program currently does not accept transfer credits from other graduate programs or institutions.
For Questions or Assistance
For questions or assistance related to the graduate application process, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions by phone: 213-477-2800 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Saint Mary’s University PsyD in Clinical Psychology graduates are eligible to sit for licensure as a Psychologist in California. The Board of Psychology of California is the licensing authority for California and requires an exam on the laws and regulations for practice of psychology in California, as well as the national EPPP (Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology). Licenses in other states are granted by the licensing authority in those individual states and those licensing boards might require an additional exam on laws and regulations specific to that state, as well as additional education requirements. Mount Saint Mary’s University will assist applicants and students in determining licensure requirements for states other than California. For assistance with determining licensure requirements for any particular state, contact the Director of the PsyD Program at email@example.com. Students may also find the contact information and licensure requirements for the licensing authority in California and other jurisdictions by visiting the .